Uhnder is a start-up developing disruptive products for sensing, cognition and communication for the Internet of Things (IoT). Its main engineering operations center is in Austin, Texas, USA.
Uhnder products are targeted at autonomous driving vehicles, at drones, at autonomous marine vessels, at surveillance, at heavy machinery, at robotics and at communication. Uhnder is fully funded and plans to hire aggressively over the next couple of quarters. The plan is to ship products into final customers by 2019.
As Software Engineer – Radar Perception, you will join a team of signal processing, systems and software experts to design, implement and deploy the next generation of algorithms for advanced perception and cognition applications.
- Work closely with radar systems engineers on requirements and performance analysis
- Design and implement reference algorithms (Matlab, C++) for object tracking, classification, image processing, sensor fusion and other advanced post-processing features
- Work with software engineers to implement algorithms into real-time embedded solutions
- Optimize and validate implementations against real-world data sets including field testing
- Work with customers and partners on customization for specific usecases and applications
Required Education and Experience:
- MS degree in EE/CS with ~8 years of relevant experience (Ph.D. preferred)
- Expertise in object tracking, classification and perception processing algorithm design and implementation
- Expert programmer in Matlab and C/C++
- Strong evidence of applied innovation including multiple papers, patents and successful shipping products
- Experience in Agile development delivering results in a dynamic collaborative environment