Uhnder is a start-up developing disruptive products for sensing, cognition and communication for the Internet of Things (IoT). Its main engineering operations center is in Austin, Texas, USA.
Uhnder products are targeted at autonomous driving vehicles, at drones, at autonomous marine vessels, at surveillance, at heavy machinery, at robotics and at communication. Uhnder is fully funded and plans to hire aggressively over the next couple of quarters. The plan is to ship products into final customers by 2019.
As Software Engineer – System-On-Chip, you will join a team of software, systems and signal processing experts to design, implement and deploy a full embedded software stack for radar signal processing.
- Design APIs and develop and deliver implementations for low-level drivers for peripheral devices, multi-processors and memory subsystems, as well as hardware abstraction layers and middleware to support SOC platform and radar signal processing software.
- Develop, optimize, test and release board support packages and software-development kits for Uhnder hardware platforms
- Bringup and validate Uhnder hardware platforms esp. new SOCs
- Work with software and systems engineers to validate implementations against real-world data sets including field testing
- Work with customers and partners on customization for specific usecases and applications
Required Education and Experience:
- BS degree EE/CS with 8+ years of relevant industry experience in software development
- Expert programmer in Embedded C/C++ with experience across full SW stack including close-to-metal and kernel programming with emphasis on performance
- Experience preferred in communications, video, audio or other signal processing domain
- Experience in semiconductor industry esp. pre-silicon development and bringup of early silicon
- Experience in Agile development delivering results in a dynamic collaborative environment
- Automotive / Safety / Compliance / Certification experience a bonus